|Banner advertisements by bbqads.com|
In Reply to: Re: for all the apartment/condo dwellers... posted by Steve in Denver on April 21, 2009 at 23:47:14:
As you know, I burnt my house down with the cooker a little over 10 feet from the garage on an asphalt driveway. Totally sober. For many, many years I cooked in that same spot. Attended, unattended. Then one day conditions were right, and the freak thing happened. There was no grease fire, no grill getting knocked over. Just a simple little ember popping out of 1/2 inch slit in the bottom vent, and the right kinda wind. Makes you think about "perceived safety".
That was a tough job you had. Trying to prevent the freak accident, AND trying to prevent the careless accident.
The BBQ Forum Home Page