Banner advertisements by

Not exactly

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve In MN on January 26, 2011 at 15:11:06:

In Reply to: DOT numbers required for GVW over 10,001 lbs posted by 4 Legs Up on January 26, 2011 at 09:27:18:

You only need a DOT number if it's for commercial not a hobby. If you are catering that day then it is for business but going to a contest for fun then no.

A U.S. DOT number is required at the time of registration if the vehicle has a combined gross weight over 10,000 pounds and:

is used for commercial (business ) purposes, or
Has farm registration and crosses the state line.
This number, from the U.S. Department of Transportation, is issued to the party (individual or company) responsible for the overall safety of the vehicle

Follow Ups:

The BBQ Forum Home Page

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2)

[ BBQ Search ]