Banner advertisements by bbqads.com

Re: Professional BBQ Judges - coolers


[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Betty Cates on April 05, 2011 at 16:58:46:

In Reply to: Re: Professional BBQ Judges? posted by Earl on April 05, 2011 at 10:04:40:

We allow only small personal coolers in the judging area for judges to take left overs home - that is for safety, health reasons. No large coolers are allowed. We also make sure they have ice to put in the coolers.

Since Judges do come to events on their own dime, most of the time they take the food to have for their supper rather than throw good food away and have to pay for another meal.

We have only had two judges bring large coolers and try to fill them, those judges are banned from our contests.

I believe that 95% of the judges are honest, caring people who love BBQ and all that it represents and yes, they do respect the cook teams efforts and expense that they are out to compete. The5% "lousy" judges give the other 95% good judges a bad name.


Follow Ups:



The BBQ Forum Home Page

Source:
173-216-192-66.mid.suddenlink.net
173.216.192.66
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; MDDC; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.1)



[ BBQ Search ]