Banner advertisements by

Re: Barb and FEC 100

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BBbrew on April 26, 2011 at 12:45:45:

In Reply to: Re: Barb and FEC 100 posted by barb on April 25, 2011 at 17:24:36:

The 600 watt figure came from the FEC website under specifications for the FEC-100. As several people have pointed, that is probably for peak power during lighting. 1 to 2 amps is probably closure to what the fan and auger feed system draw during normal operation. But even 2 amps equals 240 watts (120 volts x 2 amps equals 240 watts). So if you want to power the FEC and say two 100 watt lightbulbs you need 440 watts (240 + 100 + 100). Add some other small electronics and you start approaching 600 watts really quickly. So a 600 watt inverter is probably the minimal size that you want. The good news is a 600 watt inverter can be purchased for around $50. And no, you dont need a $250 "pure sine wave" (or even a modified sine wave) inverter to run a light bulb or a tiny fan.

If you already have an RV, just hook the $50 inverter to the battery on the RV and you are good to go. With the money that you save, buy an extra RV battery and hook it up in parallel with your existing battery.

Follow Ups:

The BBQ Forum Home Page

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; MS-RTC LM 8)

[ BBQ Search ]