|Banner advertisements by bbqads.com|
In Reply to: generators posted by skippyp on April 27, 2011 at 09:16:44:
If you're not using a digital sine wave generator you're most likely getting "dirty" power which is real hard on electronics. Those contractor generators tend to burn up things, many of my contractor friends complained all the time about burning through saws,drills etc frequently until they went to cordless.
I like the idea of using a UPS, unfortunately the size I'd have to buy for my rig would be cost prohibitive and rather heavy. They do condition the power and warn if something's wrong either by beep,page,text and/or email alert.
The BBQ Forum Home Page