Banner advertisements by bbqads.com

Re: Creosote in the Chimney...


[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Poppasam on May 31, 2011 at 12:37:03:

In Reply to: Creosote in the Chimney... posted by RobG in CT on May 31, 2011 at 11:52:16:

You might use a round chimney brush. Some degreaser and a pressure washer which might be a little more of a mess. You might set a charcoal lighting chimney full of burning charcoal directly under it and the heat will dry the creosate out. This may dry it out and cause it to catch fire and burn clean. Be careful on the last. Have the cooker out in the open and a water hose handy. I can rember my Grandfather talking about burning the chimney out on a rainey day. Fire marshalls and insurance folks would frown on that today. I've seen a house chimney fire before and it looked like a rocket stuck up in the ground.

Good Luck
Poppasam


Follow Ups:



The BBQ Forum Home Page

Source:
68-190-50-187.dhcp.athn.ga.charter.com
68.190.50.187
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; WinTSI 16.05.2010; .NET4.0C)



[ BBQ Search ]