Banner advertisements by

Re: Serv Safe class

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jazzy on September 10, 2011 at 07:04:19:

In Reply to: Serv Safe class posted by meatcutter on September 09, 2011 at 13:25:05:

Here in Florida there are two different serve safe type scenarios. There is a food handlers diploma and there's one for managers. The food handlers "permit" if you will, can be issued by someone with a managers permit. The managers class comes up at different local places about once a week. There is no online class here that I know of. This class here costs about $160 bucks or so. You register way ahead of time, show up with your picture ID, take the class, take the test (not at all easy for some). If you fail it you get a discount to take the class and test again. If you pass you will be mailed your wallet card and diploma with an ID number on it that is traced to you NATIONALLY". All of your info goes into a national registry so you can use it anywhere in the country.
I would look into getting into a class that's going to allow you to use it anywhere you want. Up in NY I took a class that was only "for sure" good in my county. I could technically drive 20 miles down the road to vend only to find out that I would not be allowed to because they would not recognize my food safety permit.


Follow Ups:

The BBQ Forum Home Page

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/13.0.782.220 Safari/535.1

[ BBQ Search ]