|Banner advertisements by bbqads.com|
In Reply to: Brisket on a Treager posted by New2Q on February 19, 2012 at 21:16:19:
I'm assuming you've got the 180 controller or the 225 "outofcontroller":
1. Trim lightly and Rub brisket (I use Montreal Steak Seasoning)
2. Set controller to "smoke" and cook for 2-3 hours aiming for just smoke infusion, not much "cooking".
3. Inject brisket (I like Butcher's mixed 1/2 strength - 2Xwater)
4. Kick temp to 275 and cook until IT reaches about 140
5. Double foil wrap and pour 1/2 bottle of Stubbs Beef Marinade over top. Return to cooker and continue until 195 IT
6. Rest, in foil but open at top for 1 hour.
After step 5 you can, if you want, separate the point and return it to the cooker for a while to produce burnt ends (around the edges).
The BBQ Forum Home Page