|Banner advertisements by bbqads.com|
In Reply to: Re: Is a Stumps Smoker worth the extra money? posted by crd26a on September 06, 2012 at 09:52:07:
1. that is GREAT question. i will have to look into this.
2. i've competed (amelia island KCBS) and did really well. ive got a WSM & A 36patio lang. not looking to compete or vend with that equipment however. GREAT products just not for me.
3. i understand 100%. comps are all about PERFECTION. all are VERY different animals. at amelia, i cooked all the vending stuff so the head pitmaster could focus only on the comp stuff. i feel like i have a pretty good handle of what i am getting myself into. ive also taken a cooking class (ill leave out the name but they are multiple time world champions) so i feel like im in a pretty good place competition wise AND vending wise.
4. im looking for a gravity fed and im not handy at all. im basically looking for the very BEST and most RELIABLE equipment. i dont want to purchase something then decide later, i should have spent the extra money. ive looked at DWs, superior (cooked on one of these) and the assasin brand. actually all three come out of the same shop too. TRYING TO FIND WHAT STUMPS HAS THAT THESE DONT.
5. ive heard of the wait for a stumps. the plan is to get the money together, and in that time do my research (on forums? =-) to figure out EXACTLY what will fit my needs.
i REALLY APPRECIATE you taking the time to write out a lengthy response!
The BBQ Forum Home Page