|Banner advertisements by bbqads.com|
In Reply to: Party WOW factor recipes? posted by Dave on May 18, 2013 at 14:22:13:
These beans are always a hit. They are from Rick Brown's BBQ America. I make them with all Bush's original beans instead of the 3 different beans.
RECIPE NAME: Rodney's BBQ Beans 'n' Bacon
Even folks who don't like beans will enjoy these. This was a prize-winning recipe from one of those big Smoker-BBQ contests.
* 6 slices smoked bacon, chopped
* 1 large onion, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
* 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper
* 1 16 oz can of pork 'n' beans
* 1 16 oz can butter beans
* 1 16 oz can of baked beans
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1/2 teaspoon maple pepper
* 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
* 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
PREPARATION: Cook bacon until transparent. Add chopped onion and bell pepper and sauté until soft. Add remaining ingredients, simmer at least 20 minutes. Be sure to drain as much liquid from the beans before you stir in the remaining ingredients.
The BBQ Forum Home Page