|Banner advertisements by bbqads.com|
In Reply to: Re: Coleslaw Recipe posted by Jackitup on August 24, 2013 at 22:56:48:
Here you go John.
Oriental Spicy Slaw
Start this slaw a day ahead as the uncooked oriental noodles need time to absorb moisture and become soft.
¼ Cup sugar
¼ cup rice or cider vinegar
2 tsp each salt and pepper
¾ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup dark oriental sesame oil
1 ½ tablespoons hot chili or to taste (I omit this)
2 ¼ pounds green cabbage
1 1/3 cups chopped green onion
3 packages (3 oz each) chicken flavor oriental noodles with seasoning packets (ramen)
I cup toasted slivered almonds
¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
1. To make dressing, put sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk until sugar dissolves. Whisk in oil until well blended.
2. Add cabbage and green onions. Toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Mixture will wilt and decrease in volume.
3. About 4 hours before serving crumble uncooked noodles over cabbage mixture. Sprinkle with seasonings (from packet) and toss to mix well.
4. Cover and refrigerate. Noodles will soften as they absorb moisture.
5. Just before serving, add almonds and sesame seeds and toss to mix.
We've been making this for years, and still can't get enough of it. Brian
The BBQ Forum Home Page