Banner advertisements by

Re: Barbecuing in England

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by barb on February 20, 2014 at 15:51:26:

In Reply to: Barbecuing in England posted by Nick on February 18, 2014 at 05:46:15:

After living in the UK for a while, what most in the UK do is "grill". BBQ technically is low, slow cooking. Also called smoking - but not like you guys smoke over in the UK. You guys do mostly what we call cold smoking. You infuse more smoke than heat. We want smoke and heat - approximately 1-2 degrees C (about 225 -250 F). For grilling, I would say that probably most American household use a gas grill to cook hamburger, steaks, etc. For BBQing or smoking, charcoal is probably the most prevalent fuel. And most use some wood chunks with the charcoal.
This is the place to come and learn about true traditional American BBQ - low and slow cook infusing just enough smoke flavor to enhance the meat.
Had one of the best briskets I've ever tasted in Edinburgh Scotland cooked by a friend of ours. He's been working on his brisket and ribs for over 5 years now and "I think he's got it!" The care packages have paid off.

Follow Ups:

The BBQ Forum Home Page

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0

[ BBQ Search ]