|Banner advertisements by bbqads.com|
In Reply to: Green egg posted by Jj on February 14, 2015 at 17:53:33:
Mold grows because of moisture. And because it has something to grow on. The right temps help as well. Your cover helps the growth too.
Solution is to cook more! Also, after you are done cooking let it burn a bit to cook out the moisture and dry things up before capping off. Helps make cleanup easier too to burn the gook off.
As far as the mold you have now, just make a hot fire. It doesn't stand a chance. It may also provide antibiotic properties we don't yet understand. :)
The BBQ Forum Home Page