|Banner advertisements by bbqads.com|
In Reply to: BBQ hash posted by Smokin' Jack on July 16, 2015 at 18:35:18:
Here is a good basic recipe.Done the right way
2-3 lbs lean pork roast
2-3 lbs lean beef roast or chuck
1 lb white meat chicken (optional)
1 large onion
1 (28 ounces) can tomatoes
1 can white corn
1 can creamed corn
1 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons black pepper
1 tablespoon ground red pepper
1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup crystal hot sauce
1. Cut meat into large chunks.
2. Place in a heavy pot and add water to barely cover.
3. Simmer more than an hour.
4. When the meat is very tender, drain and reserve any broth.
5. Grind the meat with a coarse hand grinder or chop finely.
6. (Using a food processor destroys the texture.) Grind one large onion.
7. Place onion and the meat back into the pot and add one large can of tomatoes-juice and all.
8. Add corn, vinegar and seasonings.
9. Simmer a few minutes.
10. Add the reserved broth to the meat until it reaches the consistency of stew.
11. Serve it over white rice or bread with dill pickles on the side as a condiment.
The BBQ Forum Home Page